Georgia, Georgian Sakartvelo, nation of Transcaucasia situated at the eastern end of the Black Sea on the southern flanks of the primary peak of the Greater Caucasus Mountains. It is limited on the north and upper east by Russia, on the east and southeast by Azerbaijan, on the south by Armenia and Turkey, and on the west by the Black Sea, which interfaces Georgia physically to the European Union. Georgia incorporates three ethnic enclaves: Abkhazia, in the northwest (important city Sokhumi); Ajaria, in the southwest (main city Batʿumi); and South Ossetia, in the north (key city Tskhinvali). The capital of Georgia is Tbilisi (Tiflis).
Georgia involves an all out region of 69,700 square kilometers, with a populace of 3,720,000. Flawless nature covers the tremendous piece of the nation, with 26,060 streams and more than 40 ensured regions. With various atmosphere zones, Georgia is an all year goal. Here, subtropical and mellow atmosphere zones exist together. In summer the temperature varies from 29 ° C to 33 ° C, with a plenitude of sun. Winter temperatures normal – 2 ° C to 4 ° C
The underlying foundations of the Georgian individuals expand somewhere down ever; their social legacy is similarly old and rich.
Starting at 2016, 75 advanced education establishments are licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia. Net essential enlistment proportion was 117 percent for the time of 2012– 2014, the second most astounding in Europe after Sweden.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Georgia :
A MBBS degree got from high-positioned Georgian University is perceived far and wide as they tail US and European example of instruction for the program.
Georgia has been positioned among best 10 most secure nations on the planet. Georgian Government dispenses uncommon thoughtfulness regarding International Students and visitors with respect to security and wellbeing. Besides, the nation is steady and serene politically.
The restorative degrees given by the Georgian colleges are perceived by WHO (World Health Organization), UNESCO, MCI (Medical Council of India), EUPHA (European Public Health Association), ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) in the USA and even by the MCC (Medical Council of Canada). Along these lines, in the wake of gaining a MBBS qualification, the understudy could practice or proceed with training in Europe, India, USA, Canada and Australia by showing up nation shrewd licensure examinations. Degree holders don’t need to demonstrate the equivalency of his therapeutic qualification by concentrate any additional year.
Georgia has marked LISBON CONVENTION which enables the understudy to work in excess of 50 nations.
College Administration organizes down to earth preparing in their clinics, association with the patients and decisive classes on medicinal medications from the second year. Hence, understudies get enough introduction in the handy field.
From second year onwards there is arrangement for experiencing MCI instructing classes. Exceedingly qualified and experienced teachers/instructors from India accept classes to prepare understudies according to the examination example of Medical Council of India.
Improvement of special examination encounter through visiting teachers from USA, Canada, Europe and UK.
Reciprocal Student Exchange Program with the colleges from Poland, UK, Sweden, Germany and Czech Republic what tremendously fortifies the information of understudies and prepare for PG studies(MD course) in these nations.
Despite appreciating European Life Standard and estimation of the degree, the living expense and educational cost charges are considerably lesser than in Europe. Truth be told, Medical courses from any Government-possessed restorative University comes at a 200% less expensive rate than that in India.
For remote understudies, by consenting to the standards of Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia, MBBS/MD program is offered in total English medium and consequently Indian understudies don’t confront any kind of dialect related obstruction in the learning procedure.
Why to Study MBBS in Georgia?
The popularity of medical education in Georgia has become astounding since last decade. MBBS/MD in Georgia offers great study atmosphere & world-class training opportunities what moulds a student to become a highly-knowledgeable doctor. Due to the followingfactors Georgia could be regarded a near perfect destination forpursing a medical course:
- Acceptability & validity of MBBS degree globally as after completing the medical degree from top Georgian Government University, one could easily sit for the international medical licensure exams like USMLE (USA), PLAB(UK), LMCC (Canada) & NEXT (National Exist Test of MCI).
- The medical cadres are prepared according to the requirements and standards of the country medical / public health care system and Emory School of Medicine (U.S.) & that’s why Georgian Medical Degree Holders always demonstrate high pass percentages even in the world’s toughest medical screening tests like USMLE, PLAB, LMCC & NEXT-MCI.
- The medical Degree program in English medium is designed to train internationally competitive and competent, highly qualified physicians (Doctors) who are ready to postgraduate education and the specific training courses, both in Georgia and abroad (particularly in the U.S & UK.).
- After the completion of Graduate Degree from Georgia, many students continue higher studies (PG/MD) in Europe, UK, USA, Canada & Australia because of the Global Acceptability & Validity of MBBS degrees conferred by the top Medical Universities of Georgia.
- Georgia joined the Bologna process in 2004 and since that time the ECTS (European Credit Transfer & Accumulation System) has been implemented in all the universities of the country for total Europeanization of the education system. That ensures the medical Study method & syllabus at the same level like that in Europe & makes the students more adaptable to work & practice in the European Countries.
- All the Government Medical Universities in Georgia are enlisted to FAIMER’s International Medical Education Directory (IMED) & WFME’s (World Federation for Medical Education) Avicenna Directory & European University Association (EUA). It leads to the automatic validation of degree all over the world.
- By complying with the rules imposed by the Ministry of Education & Science of Georgia, Medical aspirants study in a group consisting of not more than 12 students, i.e. in compliance with the norms prevailing in European Union, UK, USA & Canada. This mode of teaching imparts students with individual attention from the side of professors & lecturers what are practically impossible to imagine in Indian Medical Schools.
- Medical training in Georgia is based on the up-to-date education technologies of higher and medical secondary education in combination with high-tech methods ofpractical medicine that enables health professionals to be competitive, knowledgeable and flexible in international market.
- Stringent Government control & rigorous monitoring on the administration of Universities brush aside the root of paying hefty capitation fee/donation like in India. Admission to Medical Universities in Georgia is straightforward, transparent, accessible & clear-cut irrespective of the economical & financial position of students.
- Students seeking admission to any medical course don’t stand in need of overcoming any medical entrance test in Georgia. Existing rules accentuate the qualifying NEET percentile cut-off, Minimum 50% marks in PCB Stream at intermediate level & valid IELTS/TOEFL scores as pre-requisite criterion for admission process.
TBILISI STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) is a leading medical university in Tbilisi, Georgia. More than 85 years have passed since Tbilisi State Medical Institute was founded on the basis of the faculty of Medicine at Tbilisi State University (TSU). In 1992 Tbilisi State Medical Institute has been renamed in Medical University.
Rankings and reputation
Tbilisi State Medical University is ranked 6279 by 4icu.org and 6427 by www.webometrics.info. TSMU is one of the high-ranking public institutions of higher education throughout the whole Caucasus region. There are almost 7500 undergraduate and 3000 postgraduate students at the University about 25% of who come from foreign countries. Tbilisi State Medical University has undergone Institutional Evaluation Programme, performed by Association of European.
MD undergraduate program in English
MD program of Tbilisi State Medical University is a 6-year therapeutic program in English and means to raise aggressive qualified doctors with appropriate abilities, prepared for further postgraduate instruction and unique preparing. The program additionally means to plan therapeutic staff in as indicated by requests from National Healthcare System. Instructive program for the Faculty of Medicine at Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) is one stage, in part coordinated and limits 360 credits (1 credit equivalents to 30 scholastic hours). The program plans to work out outcomes for restorative practice which relates to the second step of the advanced education and prompts Medical Doctor (MD).
Contain of MD undergraduate program in English
MD instructive program includes: General instructive modules: Physics, Biology, Georgian Language, Foreign Languages, Medical Terminology, and History of Medicine;
Key sciences’ modules: Biophysics, Anatomy, Bioethics, Histology-Cytology-Embryology, Biochemistry, Physiology;
Preclinical modules: Pathologic Anatomy, Pathologic Physiology, Microbiology, Immunology, Topographic Anatomy, Pharmacology, Hygiene and Medical Ecology, Propedeutics of Internal Medicine, General Surgery.
Clinical modules: Internal Medicine (Cardiology, Pulmonology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Rheumatology, Allergology and Clinical Immunology, Occupational Diseases, Hematology), (Surgery, Urology, Surgery (Emergency), Traumatology and Orthopedics, Pediatric Surgery, Oncology, Neurosurgery), Obstetrics and Gynecology, Family Medicine, Radiology, Dermatovenerology, Neurology, Pediatrics (Child and Adolescent Medicine, Pediatric Neurology, Pediatric Infectious Diseases), Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Ophthalmology, Phthysiatry, Clinical Toxicology, Infectious Diseases, Psychiatry, Narcology, Stomatology, Forensic Medicine and Medical Law, Anesthesiology and Resuscitation, Rehabilitation, Health Resort Therapy and Physiotherapy with Medical Tourism, Elective subjects (Rheumatology, Cardiology, Plastic Surgery, Angiosurgery, Proctology, Thoraco-stomach Surgery, Head and Maxillo-facial Oncology, Neonatology, Laboratory work, Reproductive Health);
Social sciences and health management cycle: Medical Ethics, Evidence-Based Medicine & Research, Epidemiology with Biostatistics, Health Care & Management.
Clinical skills: clinical communication and consulting, skills in clinical and emergency aid.
Tuition Fees: 5000 USD/year.
Are You Eligible for Studying MBBS in Georgia (New Admission criteria from 2018)?
For MBBS admission to restorative universities in Georgia, the understudy must achieve somewhere around 18 years old and more likely than not passed 10+2 or proportionate capability with at any rate half checks in Science foundation involving Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as necessary subjects. According to the guidelines executed by Medical Council of India (MCI), getting qualifying cut-off percentile check (passing imprint) in NEET (National Eligibility and Entrance Test) is required for MBBS in Georgia 2018. The most import part of being qualified for MBBS examines in Georgia from 2018-19 scholarly year is that Georgian Universities commit every one of the understudies who have connected or are intending to apply for the Georgian investigation visa need to attempt the IELTS or TOEFL test towards the confirmation of their English Language capability and present the positive outcome at VFS Global administration workplaces. For new candidates, the understudy visa application won’t be acknowledged/prepared by the VFS office without a base band score of IELTS/TOEL result.
After the Union Ministry of Health’s choice, every single Indian Citizen/Overseas Citizen of India expecting to acquire essential restorative capability from any medicinal foundation outside India, on or after May 2018, will need to obligatorily qualify the NEET for admission to MBBS course abroad. The consequence of NEET will be treated as the Eligibility Certificate for such people, gave that such people satisfies the qualification criteria for admission to the MBBS course recommended in the Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, 1997. This endorsement is basic for any understudy heading out abroad to examine (Please experience segment of Latest news of our site and parchment joins referenced in the area).
Documents Required for MBBS Admission in Georgia
Admission Procedure to Study MBBS in Georgia
The admission process is very simple and easy to study MBBS in Georgia. Educational Counsellors at our consultancy guide you through each and every step to apply for Georgian university to attain international education.
Documents Required for issuance of Georgian Student Visa (D3)
Important transport-related info about Georgia for foreign Students
Mainrailway station is located in the north-west of the city, on the Station Square. Here you can catch local and long-distance trains
Train to Azerbaijan: Tbilisi – Baku
Train 37 Tbilisi – Baku departure at 16:30 usually from platform number 3. Arrival time at the station Baku – the next day at 9:20 am.The cost of ticket with reserved seat 16,7 USD = 40.28. GEL The train is new and clean.
Train to Arminius: Batumi – Yerevan
Train 201 Batumi – Yerevan departure from Tbilisi at 22.16. Arrival time at the Central Station in Yerevan at 7:25 am the next day.
The bus station Ortachala is located in the south-east of the city. From there buses Departure to Russia and Armenia
Also many intercitybusesdeparture from the square in front of the railway station
Private transportation in Tbilisi
To move around the country you can hire a private transportation. For example a good minivan costs 103,9 USD = 250 GEL per day + petrol.
Also, you can rent a car, for as low as 40 USD a day.
Well-developed public transportation system of Tbilisi consists of buses and subway!
Subway or bus fare 0,21 USD = 0.5 GEL
Minibus 0,33 USD = 0.8 GEL
Accommodation While Studying MBBS in Georgia
Universities provide Hostel facilities to international students. The hostels are safe, clean, equipped with all the modern facilities (TV, Internet, hot water etc) & rooms are specious for comfortable living. If students who don’t opt to stay in a hostel, then they could go for living off- Campus as per their own choice. Options like mini hotels for students, lodges, home-stay with a local family, private apartment, etc. are some of them. Our experienced study counselors will advise & guide on selecting proper accommodation facilities for students and extend all-round support & assistance to ensure your convenient stay in Georgia.